Escape the city and experience the tranquility of nature in a secluded Safari Camp, a floating Safari Tent, or a chic, vintage Airstream. Each retreat offers the perfect mix of luxury and nature, providing our guests with the time and space to relax, recharge and reconnect. We are conveniently located just minutes from almost anywhere in the St. Louis area. Our camps are tucked away in St. Charles at the River Island Marina. Surrounded by a scenic pond, woods, and the River, the atmosphere is serene and peaceful.
Re-imagining How You Experience Missouri’s Outdoors
- Our Safari Camps are secluded and private or floating in the middle of a private marina
- You will be nearby, in the heart of St. Charles County; about 30 minutes from almost anywhere in the St. Louis area, yet you will feel like you are a million miles away
- You will sleep in luxury; in a heated/air conditioned Safari Tent next to our private pond, in a chic vintage Airstream, or in a floating Safari Tent on a channel next to the River
- You will sleep on a real, comfortable bed with crisp, clean sheets and pillows
- Our bathrooms are clean, private, and have flush toilets; plus we have enclosed (private), outdoor showers with hot water
- We provide everything you need to enjoy the great outdoors in luxury and style including a grill, camp chairs, fire ring, and full access to the Marina’s living room and kitchen.
Glamping St. Louis is about luxury, seclusion, and convenience. Come experience the beauty of our pond, private island, and the Mississippi River while staying in one of our luxury camps. Our Safari Camps complement the natural surroundings of our site, and encourage a sense of connection, relaxation, and renewal.
***Glamping St. Louis is in Missouri’s great outdoors so be prepared to accept the inherent risk of your adventure including wildlife, insects, and unpredictable conditions (we can’t control weather or the River). Come with an adventurous and open mind, and
some bug spray.
- Clean sheets, pillows, comforters
- Towels, hand towels, wash cloths
- Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, bottled water, S’Mores
- Marina kitchen comes with kitchen necessities and utensils
- Camp chairs, picnic table, charcoal grill, gas stove top, fire ring.
- Charcoal for the grill
- Firewood for a nightly campfire
- Superior guest service
- Free Wi-Fi in the Marina Lodge
- Pond and River access
- Central Location to all St. Charles County Activities
- Additionally, you will have use of the Marina Lodge, its living room, kitchen, and private restrooms and our canoe, paddles, and life jackets.
What to Bring
- Food / Snacks / Drinks / Beer / Wine
- A good book
- Weather appropriate outerwear
- Camping appropriate footwear (heels are probably not a good choice)
- Slippers or sandals (please take off muddy shoes/sandals/boots before entering the Safari Tents)
- Pots and pans if you plan on cooking over an open fire
- A desire to get away from the day-to-day and relax in nature and seclusion!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where are the bathrooms?
- We have four private bathrooms; two in the Marina’s Lodge building and two in a custom tent cabin adjacent to the Marina Lodge. We also have two private outdoor showers. Each Dreamy Airstream has its own bathroom and shower.
- Do the safari tents have heat?
- Yes, during cool weather the safari tents are heated to keep you comfortable during your stay with us.
- Are the Safari Tents air conditioned?
- During hot weather the safari tents have either 12 volt/ice cooled air conditioning units or 110 volt air conditioners; the Dreamy Airstreams have air conditioners.
- Do the safari tents have electricity?
- Yes and no. Paddler’s Rest and Heron’s Nest are off-grid and have 12 volt lighting and fans that are powered by solar panels. Standard 110 volt (to recharge your phone) is located in the Marina’s Lodge. Harbor Breeze, and the Dreamy Airstreams have standard 110 volt electricity.
- How many people can stay in one safari Camp?
- Harbor Breeze is designed for two in a king bed but it also has a futon/sofa that converts to a full.
- Willow Haven is designed for two in a king bed but it also has a futon/sofa that converts to a full.
- Heron’s Nest is designed for two adults in a king bed and two kids in the futon/sofa.
- Paddler’s Rest is designed for two adults in a queen bed.
- The Dreamy Airstream Sovereign is designed for four, two in a king bed and two in twin beds.
- The Dreamy Airstream Overland is designed for two adults in a Queen bed but it also has a sofa that converts to a full.
- If you have a larger group or more adults, you will need to rent more than one camp to accommodate for sleeping arrangements. We can configure the camps to accommodate up to 18 adults and children. We also have a large Tee Pee tent that we can set up for kids to play/sleep in.
- Do we need to bring our own bed sheets?
- No! We provide fresh clean bed sheets for all of the beds on the property; however, you will need to bring sleeping bags if the camp cots are to be used.
- Do we need to bring our own towels?
- No! We provide fresh clean towels for you to use during your stay.
- Can we bring our dog(s)?
- No. There are predators (winged and four legged) in the area.
- Can we bring our canoe, kayaks, or fishing boats?
- Yes! We are located in a marina with private boat launch ramps.