Ten Things to Do Without Getting in Your Car
1. Relax – Just sit on your deck and take in the serenity of the pond, the seclusion, and the peace and quiet.
2. Spend the day at the beach on 521 Island.
3. Roast marshmallows around the camp fire with your family or significant other.
4. Watch the sunrise from your tent’s deck with a good cup of coffee.
5. Wade/swim in the pond or River.
6. Sun bathe while reading a good book.
7. Roast hot dogs over an open camp fire.
8. Fish off the Marina’s dock or in the pond.
9. Go for a canoe ride in the pond or the River.
10. Watch the wildlife; Eagles, Cranes, Herron, Geese, Ducks, Beaver, and Deer.
Things to do within an hour’s drive or less
1. Visit Confluence Point – where two of this country’s greatest rivers meet.
2. Take a Wine Tour – St. Charles, Grafton, Defiance, Augusta, Herman…there are many wineries within an hour or so of Glamping St. Louis. Or, take a micro brewery tour.
3. Bike on The Katy Trail – The Katy Trail starts (or ends, depending on your perspective) just 10 miles from the River Island Marina and Glamping St. Louis. Or bike through the farm country of St. Charles County (we’re right in the middle of it).
4. Drive The Great River Road – Cross the Mississippi River in Alton and drive the Great River Road along the bluffs to Pere Marquette State Park. Then take the ferry back across the River to the Missouri side.
5. Pick some Peaches – Glamping St. Louis is near three, pick your own, farms and peach orchards.
6. Hit the Casinos – Ameristar, Hollywood, Argosy, Lumiere, and River City are all nearby and waiting to entertain you.
7. Explore River History – Old Town St. Charles and Alton are historic river towns with quaint shops and restaurants, historic buildings, and many festivals and events.
8. Visit St. Louis – We are only 30-40 minutes from the Gateway Arch, Zoo, Art Museum, Science Center, History Museum, Muni Opera, Forest Park, Botanical Garden, Washington Avenue, The Grove, the Central West End, Grand Center, Fox Theater, Busch Stadium, The Magic House, the U City Loop, and many other attractions.