Escape the city and experience the tranquility of nature in one of our unique safari camps. Each retreat offers the perfect mix of luxury and nature, providing our guests with the time and space to relax, recharge and reconnect. We are conveniently located just minutes from almost anywhere in the St. Louis area. Our camps are tucked away in St. Charles at the River Island Marina. Surrounded by a scenic pond, woods, and the River, the atmosphere is serene and peaceful.
Re-imagining How You Experience Missouri’s Outdoors
- We have five unique safari camps; a secluded safari tent, two floating safari tents, a cozy camp cottage, and a chic vintage Airstream
- You will be nearby, in the heart of St. Charles County; about 30 minutes from almost anywhere in the St. Louis area, yet you will feel like you are a million miles away
- You will sleep on a real, comfortable bed with crisp, clean sheets and pillows
- Our bathrooms are clean, private, and have flush toilets; plus we have enclosed (private), outdoor showers with hot water
- We provide everything you need to enjoy the great outdoors in luxury and style including a grill, camp chairs, fire ring, and air conditioning.
- Clean sheets, pillows, comforters
- Towels, hand towels, wash cloths
- Coffee, drinking water, S’Mores
- Camp chairs, picnic table, charcoal grill, gas grill, fire ring.
- Charcoal for the grill
- A nightly campfire
- Superior guest service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pond and River access
- Central Location to all St. Charles County Activities
- Additionally, you will have use of our canoe, paddles, and life jackets.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where are the bathrooms?
- We have private bathrooms in a custom cabin adjacent to the Marina Lodge. We also have private outdoor showers.
- Do the safari tents have heat?
- Yes, during cool weather the safari tents are heated to keep you comfortable during your stay with us.
- Are the Safari Tents air conditioned?
- Yes, the safari tents have air conditioners.
- Do the safari tents have electricity?
- Yes, however Willow Haven is off-grid so it only has 12 volt electricity.
- How many people can stay in one safari Camp?
- Willow Haven, Harbor Breeze and Paddler’s Rest are designed for two adults in a king bed but they also have sofas that convert to a full (for the kids).
- The Cozy Camp Cottage sleeps two in a queen bed.
- The Secluded Airstream sleeps two adults in a Queen be and has a sofa that converts to a full (for the kids).
- Do we need to bring our own bed sheets?
- No! We provide fresh clean bed linens.
- Do we need to bring our own towels?
- No! We provide fresh clean towels for you to use during your stay.
- Can we bring our dog(s)?
- No. There are predators (winged and four legged) in the area.
- Can we bring our canoe, kayaks, jet skis, or fishing boats?
- Yes! We are located in a marina with private boat launch ramps.