Escape the city and experience the tranquility of nature in one of our safari camps. Each retreat offers the perfect mix of luxury and nature, providing our guests with the time and space to relax, recharge and reconnect. We are conveniently located just minutes from almost anywhere in the St. Louis area. Our camps are tucked away in St. Charles at the River Island Marina. Surrounded by a scenic pond, woods, and the River, the atmosphere is serene and peaceful.
Re-imagining How You Experience Missouri’s Outdoors
- We have four unique safari camps; two floating safari tents, a cozy camp cottage, and a chic vintage Airstream
- You will be nearby, in the heart of St. Charles County; about 30 minutes from almost anywhere in the St. Louis area, yet you will feel like you are a million miles away
- You will sleep on a real, comfortable bed with crisp, clean sheets and pillows
- Our bathrooms are clean, private, and have flush toilets; plus we have enclosed (private), outdoor showers with hot water
- We provide everything you need to enjoy the great outdoors in luxury and style including a grill, camp chairs, fire ring, and air conditioning.
Glamping St. Louis is about luxury, seclusion, and convenience. Come experience the beauty of our pond, private island, and the Mississippi River while staying in one of our luxury camps. Our Safari Camps complement the natural surroundings of our site, and encourage a sense of connection, relaxation, and renewal.
***Glamping St. Louis is in Missouri’s great outdoors so be prepared to accept the inherent risk of your adventure including wildlife, insects, and unpredictable conditions (we can’t control weather or the River). Come with an adventurous and open mind, and some bug spray.
- Clean sheets, pillows, comforters
- Towels, hand towels, wash cloths
- Coffee, bottled water, S’Mores
- Camp chairs, picnic table, charcoal grill, gas grill, fire ring.
- Charcoal for the grill
- Firewood for a nightly campfire
- Superior guest service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pond and River access
- Central Location to all St. Charles County Activities
- Additionally, you will have use of our canoe, paddles, and life jackets.
What to Bring
- Food / Snacks / Drinks
- A good book
- Weather appropriate outerwear
- Camping appropriate footwear (heels are probably not a good choice)
- Slippers or sandals (please take off muddy shoes/sandals/boots before entering the Safari Tents)
- Pots and pans if you plan on cooking over an open fire
- A desire to get away from the day-to-day and relax in nature and seclusion!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where are the bathrooms?
- We have private bathrooms in a custom tent cabin adjacent to the Marina Lodge. We also have private outdoor showers.
- Do the safari tents have heat?
- Yes, during cool weather the safari tents are heated to keep you comfortable during your stay with us.
- Are the Safari Tents air conditioned?
- Yes, the safari tent have air conditioners.
- Do the safari tents have electricity?
- How many people can stay in one safari Camp?
- Harbor Breeze is designed for two in a king bed but it also has a futon/sofa that converts to a full.
- Paddler’s Rest is designed for two adults in a king bed.
- We also have a large Tee Pee tent that we can set up for kids to play/sleep in.
- Do we need to bring our own bed sheets?
- No! We provide fresh clean bed sheets for all of the beds on the property; however, you will need to bring sleeping bags if the camp cots are to be used.
- Do we need to bring our own towels?
- No! We provide fresh clean towels for you to use during your stay.
- Can we bring our dog(s)?
- No. There are predators (winged and four legged) in the area.
- Can we bring our canoe, kayaks, jet skis, or fishing boats?
- Yes! We are located in a marina with private boat launch ramps.